Pioneer is known for their speakers and entertainment system. It is amazing how they came up with this flagship product to stay on top of advancements. The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX Navigation Receiver is the answer to a motorist’s dream. With its great navigation features, high-resolution display, and compatibility with most smartphones, you will get the best value for your money.
A GPS navigation receiver obtains information from satellites and sends them to your car via an LED screen. It’s like having a hands-free map. You don’t have to worry about getting lost when you ply unknown routes and cities. What’s more, you can pair it with your mobile phone and access your music.
The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX Navigation Receiver has a 6.2-inch to 7-inch capacitative touchscreen and charms, along with an FM tuner. You can even play music via DVD or CD and choose your music effortlessly. No matter if you’re an Android or Apple user, both devices are compatible and you can access your music easily. With iPhone 4s and newer gadgets, you can even access Siri and control the navigation receiver without taking your eyes off the road or your hands off the wheel.
The device is compatible with both Apple CarPlayTM and with Android AutoTM. The AppRadio® mode also works with both Android and iPhone. With Apple CarPlayTM, you can safely use your phone on the road. Make calls, skim through messages, and use Maps to navigate. On the other hand, Android AutoTM allows you to organize the receiver with simple cards that lets you access useful information. However, Android Auto may not be available for all devices and in some countries or regions. It is also available for Android Lollipop (version 5.0) or higher.
The device fits dash openings that measure 4 inches tall. If you’re a traveler, you’ll have access to maps of the United States and Canada as well as There are also additional 7.9 million Puerto Rico. Plus, there are additional 7.9 million points of interest.
In-dash navigation receivers are very useful if you are always on the go. A very versatile device that lets you stay in control and avoid distractions. You can even plan your routes and avoid busy traffic and troublesome roads by accessing and saving your maps. Therefore, when choosing an in-dash navigation receiver, it should be easy to use and efficient.
1. User-friendly, accurate, and fast – Read reviews and look for map accuracy and the speed when calculating routes. You should also pay attention to reviews about ease of access and screen calibration.
2. Resolution and display – Larger isn’t necessarily better. Most navigation screens range from 6.1 to 7 inches. Pay attention to the on-screen resolution. The higher the resolution, the better the picture quality and navigation.
3. Points-of-interest - The more POI the receiver has, the better it is. This means that you can easily find unfamiliar landmarks, towns, gas stations, restaurants, hotels, and ATMs. Look for features that also let you program several stops.
4. Real-time traffic and weather updates – You should have access to a provider that gives you real-time access to traffic jams, roadblocks, re-routing, and even weather. This is most beneficial who travel cross-country and those who commute long distances.
5. Smartphone integration – Your in-dash navigation receiver should be compatible with both Android and Apple devices. Don’t forget to check which versions they are compatible with if you have an older phone. Also, check if the in-dash receiver allows you to access your smartphone features such as hands-free calls, read messages, access music, text-to-speech, and even Siri.
6. Dash opening size – Most in-dash navigation receivers fit double-DIN or four-inch openings. Check your dash specifications before you purchase one.
If you’re someone who likes to travel cross-country or commute long distances almost every day, this device is for you. However, this also works great for working parents, so they can keep track of errands and keep in touch with their family easily while on the road. Businessmen can also benefit from an in-dash navigation receiver especially if they require business travels and constant communication with clients.
If you are looking for other alternatives to the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX Navigation Receiver, here are other products you may try:
BOSS Audio BV9386NV Double Din – This in-dash navigation is also compatible with both Android and Apple devices. You can also access 2D and 3D view maps. The Bluetooth features enable you to make hands-free calls and stream music from your device wirelessly.
Pros – Has a built-in equalizer for a better sound experience.
Cons – Does not cover Canada maps.
HD Wireless Backup Camera Eincar Single 1 DIN – This device also comes with a camera to help you park safely. You can also access apps such as Spotify and Pandora and listen to music. The wireless Bluetooth connection allows you to make hands-free calls.
Pros – The backup camera is convenient. The device is also detachable and comes with a wireless remote so that you can remove it from your car.
Cons – Does not have navigation maps.
Clarion NZ503 DVD Multimedia Receiver - This device lets you access Pandora internet radio and has an HD radio. It also has USB connectivity for an iPod, iPhone, or a memory device.
Pros – 3D maps and, one-year warranty, and guarantees a 30-day map update.
Cons – Does not state which maps are available and POIs.
Based on the information above, you are now ready to choose an in-dash navigation receiver. The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX Navigation Receiver has all the useful features you need in a navigation receiver. What’s more, it is easy to install and fits most new car models. Navigation is easier due to the high-resolution and speed in re-calculating the maps.
If you’re always on the go or if you always get lost when traveling, the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX Navigation Receiver is a great choice for you as provides accurate directions as well as other features. You also won’t get bored since you can access your smartphone’s music, Pandora radio, or via HD radio. You can even play DVDs or CDs.
If you need to make or receive important calls, just pair your device via Bluetooth, and you can speak over the phone without distracting you from driving. You can even scroll through your messages for important messages.
A word of caution though, make sure that you always keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the steering wheel. The Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX Navigation Receiver only makes it easier to navigate and access your smartphone in emergency cases. It should never be relied on for driving. Always exercise complete control and alertness while on the road to prevent accidents.
Last Updated on